Stranahan’s tells us that their Stranahan’s Snowflake Batch #18 Mount Evans will released for “Stranafans” to purchase on December 5, 2015 at the distillery only. With this exteremely limited edition of 1,600 bottles, the line starts a day ahead of time for this “first-come, first-served” rare offering. Full details on how to ensure you have a chance of purchasing Stranahna’s are below.
Stranhan’s tells BourbonBlog.com that they are pleased to offer a maximum of 2 per customer.
About Snowflake Batch #18 Mount Evans
To create this year’s Mount Evans Snowflake, Master Distiller Rob Dietrich used fully mature whiskey and finished it in a four total casks of two different wine styles. A 4 year Stranahan’s barrel was added to the in-house marriage of the Madeira and Double-wood Port.
Additionally, there was two-use cask from Balistreri Winery in Denver which started out as a original Stranahan’s cask prior to being filled with Balistreri’s Port style wine and aging 2 years. After Balistreri dumped the fully aged port and, they returned the barrels to Stranahan’s for use as a finishing cask for the Snowflake.
The Snowflake was finally finished in a used 4-year-old barrel of original Stranahan’s.
We’ll bring you our review of the Snowflake soon on BourbonBlog.com.
FAQS for Purchase:
- When should I arrive? People will begin lining up on Friday afternoon in preparation for the release. Veteran snowflakers recommend being in line no later than 4AM on Saturday morning, please know that this is not a guarantee and based off recommendations.
- When are tickets distributed? This will begin at 6AM. ***IMPORTANT NOTE**** Do not leave the premises once you receive your tickets – if you leave the line and then come back to purchase your bottles, we cannot ensure that you will still receive your bottles
- Doors open on Saturday at 8:00AM
- Maximum purchase is 2 bottles a person, must be 21 years or older to purchase – bring your ID, everyone, every age is required to show ID
- How many bottles are available? Snowflake releases are each unique, typically there is 800 to 1200 bottles available to purchase, this varies release to release.
- Friday December 4th: A Taste Of The Philippines
- Saturday December 5th: Lost Coffee, 4AM-7AM
- Friday December 4th: lounge will be open until 10PM
- Saturday December 5th: lounge will be open at 8AM
- Stay Tuned For Parking Updates
- Light Rail: We are located approximately ¼ mile from the Alameda Light Rail Station. For train schedules, please visit RTD Denver.
- Bike on in – we have plenty of bicycle parking available. Visiting us from out of state? Check out Denver Bcycle. We are located right off the Platte trail, that connects to the main Cherry Creek bike path
- Everyone’s favorite driver – Uber on in