With a spicy and versatile nature, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon is an ideal whiskey to mix in holiday drinks.
The Basil Hayden’s Spiced Christmas Punch recipe is created to share a group while Shining Light Spice can be enjoyed by connoisseurs and whiskey novices alike.
Basil Hayden’s Spiced Christmas Punch (Serves 16)
Created by Joaquín Simó (New York, NY)
1 bottle Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
6 parts Sweet Vermouth
6 parts Black Tea
12 parts Fresh Apple Juice or Apple Cider
8 parts Fresh Lemon Juice
4 parts Demerara Simple Syrup
½ part Angostura Bitters
24 parts Club Soda
6 Ice Blocks* (see recipe below)
1 Cinnamon Stick (for garnish)
12 Apple Slices (for garnish)
1 piece of Nutmeg (for garnish)
1. Add Bourbon, sweet vermouth, black tea, apple juice, lemon juice, Demerara syrup and Angostura Bitters in punch bowl and stir.
2. Top with club soda.
3. Carefully place the 6 pre-made ice blocks into the punch bowl and garnish with apple slices and freshly-grated cinnamon and nutmeg.
24 parts Water
12 Apple Slices
6 Cinnamon Sticks
1. Prepare ice blocks by filling 6, 4-ounce square plastic containers with water, two apple slices and one cinnamon stick each, and place in the freezer.
Basil Hayden’s Shining Light Spice
Created by Kathryn Weatherup (Austin, TX)
1 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
1 part Amaro Montenegro
½ part Licor 43
½ part Fresh Lemon Juice
½ part Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1 Lemon Twist (for garnish)
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled coupe.
3. Garnish with a fresh twist of lemon.