Drinks International, a leading magazine for the global drinks industry, tells BourbonBlog.com that they have just announced The World’s 50 Best Bars for 2013 at an event at One Mayfair tonight in London.
Dead Rabbit in New York is the highest new entry and won the Perrier Best Bar in North America Award.
Full list below and here is an overview. Tell us your favorite bar from the list OR your favorite bar on this link under comments..
THE WORLD’S LEADING BARS
• Artesian bar in London voted the World’s Number 1 Bar for second year running and claims The Nikka Best Bar in the UK award
• UK bars lead the way with 4 venues in top 10
• Tokyo’s High Five placed at number 3 and wins the Polignac Best Bar in Asia award
• Highest new entry, Dead Rabbit in New York, shoots to number 5, winning The Perrier Best Bar in North America award
• Black Pearl in Melbourne jumps to number 7, winning the Soyombo Best Bar in Australasia award
• Candelaria in Paris climbs 36 places to number 9 and takes the Botran Best Bar in Europe award
• New entry Floreria Atlantico in Buenos Aires wins the Caoruun Best Bar in Latin America award
• Zuma in Dubai wins the Asahi Best Bar in Africa & the Middle East award
This autumn sees the return of the highly anticipated World’s 50 Best Bars awards on the 10th October 2013. The list, chosen by the who’s who of the bar industry, represents the ultimate guide to the top bars around the globe.
Returning for the fifth year, The World’s 50 Best Bars is the most influential and respected global survey of its kind. The awards are the result of an international industry survey produced by Drinks International, the leading magazine for the global drinks industry, who coordinate the final list based on nominations from an academy of over two hundred of the most renowned names in the drinks industry, including Dale DeGroff, Tony Conigliaro, Alex Kratena, Gaz Regan, Salvatore Calabrese and Jared Brown and Anistatia Miller.
This year’s list has bars that represent 16 countries, 17 new entries and some surprise moves in the ranking. The top 10 provide a hit list of some of the most exciting venues in the world with last year’s winner, London’s Artesian bar, taking the top spot for the second time, closely followed by Nightjar in London and High Five in Tokyo. Other top 10 bars include the Connaught bar in London, Dead Rabbit Grocery & Grog in New York, Happiness Forgets in London, Black Pearl in Melbourne, The Baxter Inn in Sydney, Candelaria in Paris and 28 Hong Kong Street in Singapore.
Newcomer Dead Rabbit Grocery & Grog has leapt straight into the top 10 to be voted number 5 in the world and take the Perrier Best Bar in North America award, along with World’s 50 Best Bars’ Highest New Entry. Launched in January 2013, the bar is the brainchild of Jack McGarry and Sean Muldoon, the duo who won a reputation behind the bar at acclaimed Merchant Hotel in Belfast.
Named for one of the notorious gangs of New York, the bar has been generating a buzz within the drinks industry since its launch. The bar offers an evocative experience without the gimmicks, recreating Old New York and the Irish-American tradition of the time with a menu of historically accurate cocktails and modern updates on traditional recipes.
The World’s 50 Best Bars 2013 provides a definitive list of the world’s best venues, compiled by those in the know.
This is one of the most important international bar surveys of the global drinks scene.
The World’s 50 Best Bars, 2013:
1. Artesian, London – World’s Number 1 Bar / The Nikka Best Bar in the UK
2. Nightjar, London
3. High Five, Tokyo – The Polignac Best Bar in Asia
4. Connaught Bar, London
5. The Dead Rabbit Grocery & Grog –Highest New Entry / The Perrier Best Bar in North America
6. Happiness Forgets, London
7. Black Pearl, Melbourne – The Soyombo Best Bar in Australasia
8. The Baxter Inn, Sydney
9. Candelaria, Paris – Highest Climber / The Botran Best Bar in Europe
10. 28 Hong Kong Street, Singapore
11. Callooh Callay, London
12. Employees Only, New York
13. PDT, New York
14. Dry Martini, Barcelona
15. Door 74, Amsterdam
16. Le Lion, Hamburg
17. Buck & Break, Berlin
18. The Parlour, Frankfurt
19. The Jerry Thomas Project, Rome
20. American Bar at The Savoy, London
21. Death & Co, New York
22. Ruby, Copenhagen
23. Schumann’s, Munich
24. Everleigh Bar, Melbourne
25. Eau de Vie, Sydney
26. Bulletin Place, Sydney
27. 69 Colebrooke Row, London
28. Chainaya Bar, Moscow
29. Mutis, Barcelona
30. Smuggler’s Cove, San Francisco
31. Clover Club, New York
32. Bramble, Edinburgh
33. Le Forum, Paris
34. Zetter Townhouse, London
35. Floreria Atlantico, Buenos Aires – The Caoruun Best Bar in Latin America
36. Lebensstern Bar, Berlin
37. La Capilla, Tepatitlan
38. Quinary, Hong Kong
39. Little Red Door, Paris
40. Le Coq, Paris
41. Shady Pines, Sydney
42. Attaboy, New York
43. Sherry Butt, Paris
44. Pouring Ribbons, New York
45. Tippling Club, Singapore
46. Drink, Boston
47. Tommy’s Margarita, San Francisco
48. Bada Au Rum, Athens
49. Nottingham Forest, Milan
50. Delicatessen, Moscow