We can and will suggest some of the best Irish whiskeys for St. Patrick’s Day today and BourbonBlog.com also likes to share fun treats like this Basil Hayden’s Shamrock Sour. Created by Julie Reiner, this tangy combination of grapefruit juice and lemon juice mixes with the herbal flavor of Green Chartreuse and Basil Hayden’s light-bodied yet spicy notes for a refreshing and smooth cocktail that’s bursting with zesty taste.
* 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
* 1/2 part Green Chartreuse
* 1/2 part Lemon Juice
* 1/2 part Grapefruit Juice
* 1/2 part Agave Syrup* (To make, combine equal parts of water with Agave Syrup)
* 1/4 part Egg White
* Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake without ice to blend.
* Add ice and shake.
* Strain over fresh ice in a double rocks glass and garnish with a mint sprig and a lemon wheel.
Julie began her career in the cocktail Lounges of San Francisco and made her way to New York City in 1997, where she sparked the interest of the King Cocktail himself, Dale Degroff. Soon after, Julie was installing beverage programs in hot spots around the city and in 2003 realized her dream of opening her own cocktail lounge.
As co-owner and beverage director of some of the best cocktail bars in the city, Julie’s beverage programs focus on her signature style of utilizing superior quality and green market ingredients. She draws much of her inspiration from her native Hawaii by utilizing the freshest fruits and premier quality spices and spirits.