Bourbon Baked Beans, by Luke Mills
1 large Vidalia Onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. olive oil
8 slices of bacon
2x 15 oz jar Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
1/2 tsp. onion powder
28 oz can Pork and Beans
1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey-mustard
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- On medium-high heat, cook bacon to your personal preference. Drain on paper towels.
- Chop 2 of the pieces of bacon up to be sautéed with the onions, while cutting the other pieces in halves.
- Sauté the Vidalia onion with the chopped bacon pieces and 1/2 tsp. olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- In an oven safe baking dish, combine the Bourbon, Pork and Beans, great northern beans, onion powder, ketchup, honey-mustard, molasses and the Sautéed onions. Heat on stove at high for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Move from stove and Bake in the oven, uncovered at 350°F about 45-50 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy Maker’s Mark Bourbon