Master Distiller Jim Rutledge tells BourbonBlog.com he changes it up a bit by using a bit more Bourbon and forgetting the Rum. They still regularly receive requests for this recipe at Four Roses Distillery and we’re sharing it with you below along with a photo of that original Life magazine advertisement.
Four Roses Egg Nog Recipe
Four Roses Yellow Label Bourbon
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Sugar
1) Beat separately yolks and whites of 6 eggs.
2) Add 1/2 cup of sugar to yolks while beating.
3) Add 1/4 cup of sugar to whites after they have been beaten very stiff.
4) Mix egg whites with yolks.
5) Stir in 1 pint of cream and 1 pint of milk.
6) Add a pint of Four Roses Bourbonand 1 oz. Jamaican rum. Stir thoroughly and serve very cold.