Our New York City cocktail experts are telling BourbonBlog.com that sparkling cocktails are hot for this New Year’s Eve! By mixing champagne or sparkling wine into a cocktail you can definitely stretch your budget. Not to mention, indulge your guests with festive flavor combinations sure to impress! FIRST …at the World Bar (frequented by major league sports stars and UN diplomats), mixologist Jonathan Pogash created the Cherry Pop, which is a beautiful rosy color and redolent of nutmeg…
3 or 4 pitted sour cherries
.5 oz. fresh lime juice
.75 oz. almond syrup (Monin brand preferred)
1.5 oz. Lucid Absinthe
Method: In the bottom of a mixing glass, muddle the sour cherries in the lime juice and almond syrup. Add the Lucid, then fill with ice, and shake very well. Strain into a chilled flûte. Top with Crémant d’Alsace. Garnish with a few swipes of freshly grated nutmeg.
.5 oz. cinnamon bark syrup (instructions below: cinnamon sticks, water, and sugar required)
4 sugar cubes
1 oz. club soda
2 oz. Flor de Caña 7 year rum
1 oz. CAMUS VSOP Cognac
.25 oz. Marie Brizard Peach liqueur
1 oz. lemon juice
1.5 oz. Crémant d’Alsace
- 1. Make the cinnamon bark syrup by boiling three cinnamon sticks with one cup of water and one cup of sugar for 15 minutes; strain; refrigerate unused portion
- 2. In a mixing glass, dissolve the sugar cubes in the club soda (this generally involves muddling to help the process)
- 3. After the sugar cubes are dissolved, add the spirits and lemon juice one at a time, stirring as added
- 4. Add ice once all of the above have been added, continuing to stir until the individual serving of punch is chilled
5. Strain into a punch glass and top with 2 oz. Crémant d’Alsace
Finally, for a beautiful holiday red color, not to mention the health benefits of rosehips, hibiscus, and lemon (all great sources of Vitamin C), a simple but delicious cocktail is the Xanté C; Xanté is the second most leading liqueur in the Netherlands, where they know a thing or two about staying warm and celebrating the holidays!
1.5 oz. Xanté Pear liqueur
2 oz. Rosehip & Hibiscus Tea concentrate (suggested brand: Teekanne Tee)
.5 oz. fresh lemon juice
Splash Crémant d’Alsace
Method: In a shaker over ice, add first three ingredients. Shake vigorously, then splash with Crémant d’Alsace. Strain into a chilled martini glass, garnishing with a red rose petal.
1.7 oz. Russian Standard Vodka
1 tsp honey
Fresh ginger for garnish
Splash Crémant d’Alsace
Method: Shake Russian Standard Vodka and honey gently over ice. Serve on the rocks. Top with sparkling Cremant D’Alsace. Garnish with a piece of ginger.